The mission of the Brewster Chamber of Commerce is to “support, strengthen and promote the economic feasibility, cultural richness, environmental sensitivity and social needs of Brewster. The Chamber encourages the spirit of fair trade and good business practices.”
Economic Feasibility: The BCC works to promote local member businesses in collaboration with the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism, the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce and other marketing organizations. The BCC also serves as a conduit for information distribution about Town, State and Federal business news. The Staff and members of the Board of Director work with Town committees, such as Planning and Zoning, to stay abreast of and make suggestions for changes to by laws and regulations that impact the business community.
Cultural Richness: Brewster is home to live theatre, historical museums, a varied faith-based community, award winning fine artists, antiques and fine gifts shops, craft festivals and art shows, and 5-star restaurants. BCC hosts two town-wide events that celebrate this cultural richness and encourage people to visit. Brewster in Bloom is held the end of April / beginning of May and celebrates the end of winter! Brewster for the Holidays takes place in early December and includes lighting of the Town Christmas Tree, Santa's arrival and special family events hosted by businesses and organizations throughout the community.
Environmental Sensitivity: On Cape Cod, the environment IS the economy and the BCC works to keep this always present in the minds of the business community. Brewster has over 600 acres of conservation lands acquired by the Brewster Conservation Trust and the area known as “Punkhorn” is a popular walking and bird watching destination.
Social Needs: The Lower Cape's economy is largely driven by tourism and second homeowners. Therefore it is also mostly seasonal. People who live here year-round often piece together work which can sometimes lead to cash-flow problems, particularly in the winter when jobs are scarce. BCC dedicates proceeds from Brewster in Bloom to an annual scholarship for a high school senior from Brewster; and proceeds from Brewster for the Holidays are donated to a local public charity, most recently Cape Cod Children's Place. The BCC also has intern programs for at-risk and other youth.
Membership in the Brewster Chamber of Commerce has its privileges. Here are some of the benefits that make belonging to the Chamber a wise business investment.
At the Basic Level of $150 all members receive:
- Free Listing On Our Web Site - www.brewster-capecod.com
- Free Display of Your Logo With Your Web Listing
- Free Link to Your Web Site
- Free Listing in the Annual Brewster Guide
- Free E-mail Updates through the secure BCC e-news system.
- Free Events Postings on the BCC Web site with links to events across the Cape.
- Free Display of Brochures in our year-round Information Center at town hall: only Chamber members’ information is displayed!
- Exclusive Referrals by Chamber Staff to callers, visitors, residents and other member businesses, year round.
- Publicity and Exposure through BCC events, cooperative advertising, press releases, brochures, and programs.
- E-Newsletters and Meetings to keep you updated on important information.
- Input and collaboration on Workforce Development Issues including Housing, Transportation, Childcare and Continuing Education
- Business Advocacy to town hall, state legislation, regional committees and local organizations
- Participation in Our Guide Program with discounted members-only ad rates.
- Networking via member to member events for breakfast, dinner or after hours
- Member Rates For Health, Long-term Care And Dental Insurance
- Web Site and E-blast Advertising Program
- Chamber Committees for input into the development of new programs, brochures, events, outreach and more!
Leaders Circle Members may elect to upgrade to one of four enhanced levels. These members receive additional benefits including special listings in all Chamber print materials, on the Web site and in E-newsletters, on display in the Visitor Center and at Chamber meetings, and special recognition materials to display in their business. These dues rates are Bronze: $200; Silver: $250; Gold: $300 and Platinum: $350.
Associate Membership is available for subsidiaries of BCC member businesses, or for individuals that are interested in the supporting the Chamber's mission. Please contact the office for the benefit details and application!
Call 508-896-3500 or email email@example.com for more information!